torsdag 7. februar 2013

San Pedro

Another blogpost uploaded a bit late, but hey, better late than never :)

Last weekend I got on a bus to San Pedro, a small town by nearby Lake Atitlan. I got one half of a double room for only 40Q per night, 10USD for the entire weekend. Not too bad.

San Pedro is popular with people wanting to learn spanish, so Friday night I bumped into a group of people from one of these schools. They were really nice, so I spent the rest of the night and weekend with them.

On Saturday, we took this launcha (a small ferry) to San Marcos, another village by the lake. The day was spent swimming, sunbathing - basically having fun. Later we went to this local playground and tried to find our Zen (inner peace). This might sound totally random, but San Marcos is overrun by people attending meditation schools and people trying to find themselves, so we just thought we´d join in. Our quest were interrupted by some local kids though, so we went from meditation to a waterfight. Fun, but very tiring, because the kids HAD to go piggy-back on us. At least we got our daily exercise.

I had to go back to Antigua on Sunday, and that was a bit sad. San Pedro was a nice place, and if you´re ever in the area, you should stop by! (Unless you have something against hippies or Israelis - for some reason the place is full of them. In that case, go to San Marcos instead) The lake didn´t want me to leave as planned though - our minibus had to wait for a couple of hours due to construction work. Kind of lame, but at least I got to eat an icecream and enjoy the view. Back in Antigua I just had dinner with a couple of people I met on the bus ride home, before I went to bed.

Monday another week began, and there has has always been stuff going on. More on that later.

Ciao!



Happy-time


Kees and Josh


Finding our zen in San Marcos


"Creepy Uncle" Dan. One US Dan = Five Guatemalan kids


Im not very good with names, so I give you (from left to right); Australia, California, Israel and Norway

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar